February 15, 2011

My Picture Of Summer

  I don't usually don't look forward to summer because I hate the heat but this year I am. I can't wait to have tons of summer fun with my daughter Lily and to take lots of pictures along the way.

We have a nice big yard that we can't use because it's been buried under about two and a half feet of snow. Last summer me and Lily would go outside at least twice a day. We would sit under the trees and work on her belly play time and I liked to dress her up and take her picture in front of my mothers flower gardens.

We are lucky enough to have a pool right in our backyard. She was too little to go in last year so I would bring a plastic container out in the yard and I would let the sun heat up the water. She was only four months old then so she was very small so it was like she had her very own Kiddie Pool. I would fill it with her bath soap and give her a bath at the same time. She loved it and I like the picture I took of her. At first you will see her and her dad but then you can see her little feet through the plastic tub it's pretty cute if you ask me.This year she'll be walking when it comes time for swimming weather. I think she's going to have a lot of fun swimming and I'll be there waiting with my camera to remember the special moments.

Me 1985
When I was a kid my parents would have to drag me and my brother Jon out of the pool and our skin would be so wrinkled we would look like raisins. My mom and dad would take pictures of us while we were swimming. I love the way the light sparkles on top of the water and the blue color is beautiful as a back drop.


I have not gone swimming at the beach in about twelve years now and I miss it. Last year we took Lily but babies are very sensitive to the sun so we had to keep her in her stroller. But when a big cloud came we were able to bring her out onto the beach. She didn't seem to impressed with it but back then she couldn't even smile yet so who knows how she will react this year. I am very excited to get some pictures of her playing in the sand with her dad. I took a few last year but I was rushed because the cloud coverage moved pretty fast so I had to take my pictures quickly. I am very excited to use my new camera, the Nikon D90 when I go out this summer.

There is so much to look forward to. Sharing all of these special times with Lily and her dad really makes me see how lucky I am. It makes me realize it's not about having all of the material things like a yard and pool but to be able to watch her grow. I am glad that I took so many pictures of her last year because now I will always remember her first summer and how tiny she was and how she took everything in, everything was so new to her. I can't wait to see what pictures and good times this year will bring. All of these pictures were taken with a Nikon Cool Pix Camera camera so you'll be sure to get these same results with any camera you use. Happy Shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment