January 29, 2011

The Steps I am TakingTo Become A Photographer

In this article I will share with you how I am achieving  my dream of becoming a photographer..


When I was a kid I would beg my parents to let me use there camera. I can remember the day when they did, I was so excited and thankful. I would dress my dog, Shadow up in costumes and place him in certain spots to take his picture and In high school I would ask my friend Niki to come over to take some pictures with me. I'd place us in front of my closet that had sparkly garland hanging from it for our background. All though these pictures are old and not that good I think back on these times and it makes me realize that I've always been a photographer. Its only until just recently I decided that I could do this professionally.

When I had my daughter Lily, I was told by many that she was the most photographed baby in the world and people were liking the pictures I took of her. As the thought of becoming a "professional" crossed my mind I started dressing her up and placing her in certain places around my house and yard.

I have an eye disease called Star Guarts. It is a incurable disease and I am legally blind. It is very hard for me to go to classes because I have a hard time seeing things like a teacher, chalk boards or even books so I did all my learning online. I would go to sites like You Tube and type in what I wanted to learn about and watch all the videos on my big computer screen. The Internet really helped me. I don't think I'll ever stop learning about photography. I hope to become better at photography with the more I learn. After that I realized that I wouldn't be able get the quality pictures I was looking for with my regular point and shoot camera so I bought a higher quality camera, the Nikon D90 and I love it!

I  have also purchased photography studio equipment from a man who was retiring. I set it up in our finished basement. First i took  pictures of Lily to make sure that I could use it correctly. After that I asked my friend from Niki to come over to take some pictures again. That was a great and surreal day for me. It was like the old times, except now I had everything. The lighting, the backdrops, the props, everything. It was awesome! I couldn't of asked for a more beautiful model either


I have never been happier. People are asking me to be there photographer and I'm so proud to be. Thank you to everyone who has believed in me. To the ones who have gave me the encouraging words that I needed to hear. Thank you, you really helped me achieve my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment